Index of Posts for Breast Cancer Treatments
Breast Cancer treatment is complex and variable. It typically involves many steps and a consensus of opinion from a team of medical experts. Treatments will depend on many factors such as:-
Please note: I have a new set of pages with all the current treatment information here.
Breast cancer treatment will most often involve surgical removal of the affected areas, but whether or not surgeons need to remove the whole breast (mastectomy) will be determined by carefully weighing the options. Most of the time, women who have surgical removal of their breast cancer tumors will also have radiation therapy to the surgical site.
Chemotherapy, which is an all-inclusive term concerning medications taken orally or intravenously, and which effect the body on a ‘systemic’ level, is usually given to women with later stage breast cancers.
Index of Treatment Posts
- Introduction to basic breast cancer treatments
- Typical treatments for non-invasive malignant breast cancer lesions.
- Return of DCIS following lumpectomy
- The multidisciplinary team
- The pathologist
- Radiologist and breast cancer treatment.
- Role of the GP in ongoing breast cancer treatment and management
- Breast Cancer Surgeons and surgery.
- The oncologist’s role in the breast cancer treatment team.
- Antiangiogenetic breast cancer therapy
- Adjuvant therapies for breast cancer
- Gynacologist and breast cancer
- Psychosocial support for breast cancer treatment
- A small page on LCIS treatment options