Survivors List: Index of posts on Breast Cancer Incidence and Survival Rate
Diagnosis with breast cancer can be a frightening experience for most women.
It is natural, following a diagnosis or relapse of breast cancer, to want to look up statistics and survival rates.
The following series of articles on breast cancer have been recently updated. The posts include all the latest, available information and statistical studies regarding incidence and mortality rates.
Breast Cancer Survival Rate
It is of some reassurance to know that the overall survival rate for breast cancer in general is right around 90% at the moment.
Furthermore, if the disease if discovered at an early or ‘In Situ‘ phase, then the odds are even better.
There is recent evidence that suggests different socio-economic and racial groups have different breast cancer diagnosis and survival rates.
However, the factors involved are complex and interlinked and there remains some controversy amongst medical experts. We have a whole post on this topic with some very interesting, recent information for those interested.
A little more about Breast Cancer Survival Rate
In terms of specific disease, there is no question that certain forms of breast cancer are more aggressive than others. These types of breast cancers are associated with reduced survival rates.
In addition, a woman’s age and her general health can also have an impact on the breast cancer survival rate.
Breast cancer survival is most influenced by early diagnosis, that is, the stage of the cancer at diagnosis.
However, proper follow-up and management can also have a profound impact on outcome.
Thus, breast cancer survival and management is often discussed in terms of different ‘time-windows’ or the disease free status.
The disease free status relates to how much time passes, with no signs of cancer, from the original diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. The disease free interval also has an influence on prognosis.
More info and … our index of Posts
Certainly, different aspects of the presenting breast cancer
Furthermore, the nature of the breast cancer will influence the reaction to and success of certain breast cancer treatments.
However, breast cancer treatments can also be very hard on the body and the emotions and this can also influence overall survival rates.
Most importantly, the overall message to remember is that breast cancer is now viewed as a manageable, if not curable disease.
the greater the glory in overcoming it.
Index of Posts on Breast Cancer Survival Rate, Incidence and Mortality
- Breast Cancer Survival Rates: What you need to know
- Recent Incidence Rates and Trends of Breast Cancer in the USA
- Breast Cancer Mortality Rates: Recent Figures and Trends
- Survival of Breast Cancer based on Stage
- Incidence and mortality rate amongst different racial groups.
- Prognostic factors and Survival Rates for Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS)
- Breast Cancer Metastasis : Survival Rates for Stage IV
- Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality rates Worldwide: Canada, U.K., U.S.A. and Asia
- Lifetime Risk for Breast Cancer: Factors that you can NOT control
- Breast Cancer Risk Factors: That you CAN change
- Relative risk ratio for breast cancer
- Male Breast Cancer: Survival Rates