References for Follow-up for women after Initial Mammogram results
- Brenner RJ. (2010) Short-term follow-up recommendations after preoperative breast MR assessment for breast cancer diagnosis: are we lacking a rational basis? Radiology. 2010 Oct;257(1):18-21. http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/pdf/10.1148/radiol.10100175
- Brown Sofair J, Lehlbach M. (2008) The role of anxiety in a mammography screening program. Psychosomatics. 2008 Jan-Feb;49(1):49-55. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0033318208709691
- Brown ML, Houn F, Sickles EA, Kessler LG. (1995) Screening mammography in community practice: positive predictive value of abnormal findings and yield of follow-up diagnostic procedures. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1995;165:1373-1377 http://www.ajronline.org/doi/abs/10.2214/ajr.165.6.7484568
- Burke W, Daly M, Garber J (et al). (1997) Recommendations for follow-up care of individuals with an inherited predisposition to cancer. II. BRCA1 and BRCA2. Cancer Genetics Studies Consortium. JAMA 1997;277:997–1003 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9062331
- Buseman S, Mouchawar J, Calonge N, (et al). (2003) Mammography screening matters for young women with breast carcinoma: evidence of downstaging among 42–49-year-old women with a history of previous mammography screening. Cancer. 2003 Jan 15;97(2):352–358. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12518359
- Carney PA, Abraham LA, Miglioretti DL, Yabroff KR, Sickles EA, Buist DS, Kasales CJ, Geller BM, Rosenberg RD, Dignan MB, Weaver DL, Kerlikowske K (2007) Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium. Factors associated with imaging and procedural events used to detect breast cancer after screening mammography. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007 Feb;188(2):385-92. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17242246
- Ellman R, Angeli N, Christians A, Moss S, Chamberlain J, Maguire P. (1989) Psychiatric morbidity associated with screening for breast cancer. Br J Cancer 1989;60:781-784 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2247323/
- Elmore JG, Barton MB, Moceri VM, Polk S, Arena PJ, Fletcher SW. (1998) Ten-Year Risk of False Positive Screening Mammograms and Clinical Breast Examinations. N Engl J Med 1998; 338:1089-1096 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9545356
- Fair AM, Wujcik D, Lin JNS, Zheng W, Egan KM, Grau AM, Champion VL, Wallston KA. (2010) Psychosocial Determinants of Mammography Follow-up after Receipt of Abnormal Mammography Results in Medically Underserved Women. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010 February; 21(1 Suppl): 71–94.
- Grady D, Smith-Bindman R, Kerlikowske K, Ljung BM. (2003) Evaluation of abnormal mammography results and palpable breast abnormalities. Annals of Internal Medicine (2003) vol. 139 no. 4 274-284 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12965983
- Kerlikowske K, Grady D, Barclay J, Sickles EA, Ernster V. (1996) Likelihood ratios for modern screening mammography: risk of breast cancer based on age and mammographic interpretation. JAMA 1996;276:39-43 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8667537
- Mincey BA. (2003) Genetics and the Management of Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer. The Oncologist, (2003)Vol. 8, No. 5, 466–473 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14530500
- Powe BD, Hamilton J, Brooks P. (2006) Perceptions of cancer fatalism and cancer knowledge: a comparison of older and younger African American women. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2006;24(4):1–13. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17182474
- Ready KJ, Gutierrez-Barrera AM, Atchley D, Soloman KK, Amos C, Meric-Bernstam F, Lu KH, Hortobagyi GN, Arun B. (2008) Cancer risk management decisions of women with BRCA variants of uncertain significance. J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21294809
- Saslow D, Boetes C, Burke W, Harms S, Leach MO, Lehman CD, Morris E, Pisano E, Schnall M, Sener S, Smith RA, Warner E, Yaffe M, Andrews KS, Russell CA. (2007) American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Advisory Group.American Cancer Society guidelines for breast screening with MRI as an adjunct to mammography.CA Cancer J Clin. 2007 Mar-Apr;57(2):75-89.